AREA is an arbitrated and indexed publication of the Research Secretariat of the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Urbanism of the University of Buenos Aires. It has been published since 1992 and has an annual periodicity in its version printed and biannual in its digital version. It offers a space for dissemination and debate on urban research, architecture research, landscape planning, industrial design, graphic design, visual communication, product, clothing, textiles, multimedia, among others, addressed to the academic community and professionals of the different disciplines related to Design.
We invite the community to send texts about this topics.
The articles sent must meet the following basic conditions:
- Original, unpublished articles, that are not participating in another evaluation process.
- Word format or compatible, size A4, body type 12 with simple line spacing and respect for AREA’s general rules,
- The main language of the journal is Spanish, although original articles in Portuguese and English are also accepted. The articles must have a minimum of 4000 words and a maximum of 8,000 words.
- For the first instance, the file will be sent with the images included in low resolution. High resolution will be required only for publication.
- In all cases, the articles will be accompanied by a summary of no more than 100 words in the original language and its corresponding translation into English; if the original language is English or Portuguese, the summary must also be in Spanish.
- A list of 5 keywords based on the terminological use of the Vitruvian Network.
The journal also publishes reviews or bibliographic essays. For questions on how to prepare the article see AUTHORS INFORMATION.
The articles may be sent by email to the dossier [SENDING], indicating in the subject “Article for general thematic evaluation”.
For other Questions you can contact us from QUERIES.